|Master Yi - Riot Games (C)|
- We can’t do major rework on him because it will break the feel of the character. We could introduce up to two new mechanics to the entire kit.
- During Alpha Strike, Yi can’t be heal, does not receive buff (including his), can avoid non-targeted abilities. Can die during Alpha strike and not deal damage.
- Double Strike
- Double Strike only critical on first strike.
- Double Strike actually takes longer than the normal attack animation (about 1.4 times longer) and you lose DPS late game.
- Alpha Strike:
- The animation time is not consistent, proportional to the number of target and their distance
- Target choice seems random, not sure because of skill description, why not closest targets
- One of the slowest gap closer in the game!
- The skill is undesirable, non-useful skill for the player. The skill doesn’t provide enough of an incentive for non-AP players to level this up. That is; the lower level doesn’t provide enough healing for the amount of time they are sitting there. (this is most important for Jungler)
- The cooldown of this skill is way too long for it to be effective in lane. Since Yi can’t trade well at top lane, and it is very expensive to sustain meditate constantly. (unless you are AP)
- While using AP Yi there is little counter harass one can do against it, you’ll need a Jungler to 2v1 him, unless the mid-lane has a stun/silence/suppression, it will be difficult to kill him. (http://www.twitch.tv/ipllol/b/343927320?t=10h15m00s) 10:34
- Wuju Style:
- Long cooldown (arguable, I think this leans toward the high side)
- Don’t want to make Melee Carries feel become assassins by giving them much higher Damage output compared to Ranged Carries, but instead, we want them to have a way of staying within fights and lasting longer without becoming bruisers. (C1)
- Don’t want to change the kit too much, and disrupt the builds and play style already in place for yi.
- Alpha Strike
- Flashing an Alpha strike will let Yi follow you into turret, is this a desirable counterplay? Probably Yes, because Maokai does this too.
- We can’t buff this in power, or this will make AP Yi broken
- Reference: Fiora’s Riposte: Parry a spell every 10/9/8/7/6 (not going to go over the whole kit comparison)
- Need to eliminate randomness of jungle and find a consistent way to change alpha strike, without causing excessive clear speed, or lack of joy on creep clear. (lack of excitement for proc will probably to take the hit)
- For Meditate, Decrease channel time and increase combat utility, while trading it for general healing purposes.
- Scale Double Strike to Attack Speed
- Alpha Strike
- Alpha Strike now interacts with Double Strike – changing its skill description
- From: “Master Yi strikes twice every 7th attack”
- To: “After 7 auto-attack and Alpha Strike hit, Master Yi’s next auto attack will strike twice, or next Alpha Strike will deal bonus magic damage on its initial target.”
- Alpha Strike deals additional 20% bonus damage to minion and monsters (Maybe, this one needs testing)
- Remove random bonus damage to minion and monsters
- Decreased animation time and is now consistent
- Remove cast time
- When double strike, the skill deals ( 100 + 50 * level ) bonus magic damage to its target. Monsters and minion takes x3 this amount damage.
- Alpha Strike increases the Double Strike counter by the number of target it hits. The counter is increased before the damage is deal. If double strike is available during damage calculation, the buff is consumed and the counter is increased normally.
- Reduce Meditate’s cooldown from 35 seconds to 20 seconds(down 42.8%)
- Reduce Meditate’s healing from 140X to 25 + 75X (increased lower level, decreased higher level)
- Reduce Meditate AP ratio from 4.0 to 2.0 (+/- 0.3) (down 50%, removing edge cases and making more manageable sustain on AP build)
- Reduce Meditate duration from 5 to 3 (or 4) seconds
- Reduce Meditate’s Cost from 70/80/90/100/110 to 50/60/70/80/90 (down 28.6, 25.0, 22.2, 20.0, 18.2%)
- Meditate now gives +10/15/20/25/30(or just a flat amount) Tenacity during channeling
- Removed 0.2 second cast time